Cheers to Our RAMMY Nominees!
Friday April 14, 2023
On Monday, April 10 the Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington (RAMW) announced the finalists for the 2023 RAMMY Awards and a number of Mount Vernon Triangle businesses and chefs were included in the nominations! Check out the MVT restaurants vying for a win on Sunday, July 9 below and check out the full list at ramw.org:
- Rising Culinary Star of the Year: The nominee is an “up and coming” chef who demonstrates exemplary talent, and shows leadership and promise for the future.
- Chef Elias Taddesse, Mélange, Doro Soul Food
- Favorite Fast Bites: This nominee is a delicatessen, quick-serve restaurant, bakery, mobile food vendor, or coffee shop (with food menu) that demonstrates a dedication to good food and good service in a fast-casual environment.
- Pastry Chef or Baker of the Year: The nominee is a restaurant pastry chef or baker who prepares desserts, baked goods, or breads and demonstrates a high standard of excellence and culinary artistry. The nominee serves as an inspiration to other food professionals.
- Teresa Velazquez, Baked and Wired, A Baked Joint
New this year, the “Favorite Fast Bites” category is one of five open to a public vote. Cast your ballot now through Friday, May 31 at nbcwashington.com. Congrats again to all who were nominated!