Clean Soul Kitchen Pop-Ups, Serves Up Maque Choux at FRESHFARM MVT Market
Friday October 12, 2018
Get those taste buds ready! Nicole Aandahl of Clean Soul Kitchen (pictured, left) will appear at tomorrow’s FRESHFARM MVT Market where she’ll cook a tasty batch of maque choux – a Cajun or Creole (depending on who you ask) version of succotash; see menu here – featuring fresh ingredients sold by our market vendors. Meal prep and cooking will begin at approximately 9:30am with tastings to follow. This is one culinary treat you won’t want to miss!
There are just three weeks remaining in this year’s FRESHFARM MVT Market season, which means you have three good reasons to swing by each Saturday through October 27 to stock up on the freshest items from the following line-up of regular vendors:
- Black Rock Orchard, tree fruit
- Dicot Farm, certified organic produce
- DMV Empanadas, takeaway empanadas
- Lindera Farms, small-batch, artisanal vinegar
- Orchard Breeze Farm, beef, chicken, pork and eggs
- Panorama Bakery, bread and baked goods
- Pickled Heads, unique pickled produce*
- Pleitez Produce Farm, field vegetables
- Spoil Me Rotten Dog Biscuit Co., artisan dog biscuits and healthy, gourmet treats*
- Sunnyside Flowers, chemical-free single-stem flowers and bouquets
- Wholesome Clean Eating, gourmet plant-based products
- Zeke’s Coffee, local roaster of beans and prepared brews
The FRESHFARM MVT Market operates every Saturday through October 27 – rain or shine – on I Street NW (“Eye” Street NW) between 4-1/2 & 5th Streets NW. And great news shoppers: market bags for this season are still available to assist with hauling your weekly bounty! Contact [email protected] and we’ll gladly deliver one to your residential or business location in or near Mount Vernon Triangle.
* Pickled Heads and Spoil Me Rotten Dog Biscuit Co. appear on alternating weekends, with Spoil Me Rotten appearing this weekend and every other week thereafter. Spoil Me Rotten will have artisan dog biscuits and plenty of healthy, gourmet treats for your VIP (Very Important Pet!).