FRESHFARM MVT Market Scores Positive Mid-Season Marks
Friday August 3, 2018
Last weekend marked the halfway point of the 2018 FRESHFARM MVT Market season. And yet despite the rough early season weather, the market continues to demonstrate strong growth and positive trends. Both sales and customer counts through June have increased compared to 2017, and two vendors have reported sales that are 30% higher each in July compared to last year!
Second half of the market season kicks off Saturday, August 4 with Ottoman Taverna partnering with 5th Street Ace Hardware to grill up samples of its delicious chicken kebabs from 10-11:30am. The market will also feature the usual line-up of the freshest items from the following vendors:
- Black Rock Orchard, tree fruit
- DMV Empanadas, takeaway empanadas
- Lindera Farms, small-batch, artisanal vinegar
- Orchard Breeze Farm, beef, chicken, pork and eggs
- Panorama Bakery, bread and baked goods
- Pleitez Produce Farm, field vegetables
- Pickled Heads, unique pickled produce
- Sunnyside Flowers, chemical-free single-stem flowers and bouquets
- Spoil Me Rotten Dog Biscuit Company, artisan dog biscuits and plenty of healthy, gourmet treats
- Wholesome Clean Eating, gourmet plant-based products
- Zeke’s Coffee, local roaster of beans and prepared brews
Still in need of this year’s market bag to haul your bounty? E-mail email@example.com and we’ll get one to you. View this flyer for a rundown of all FRESHFARM MVT Market vendors and sponsors, and see you at the market!