MVT Rising: Development Updates from Around the Triangle
Tuesday June 20, 2017
Rising from multiple sites in Mount Vernon Triangle are a number of residential and office projects that will add dramatically to the vibrancy and economic growth of our neighborhood—with several more expected to start within the next year.
- The Lydian at 400 K Street, NW (adjacent to sister property, the Lyric at 440 K Street, NW) will feature 324 apartments and more than 13,000 square feet of ground-level retail. The Lydian, developed by The Wilkes Company and Quadrangle Development Corporation, is expected to open in spring 2018.
- Construction also began in June 2016 on Plaza West at 307 K Street, NW, an innovative, affordable housing project led by MVT CID stakeholder, Bible Way Church. Fifty of its 223 units are being designed with support services for “grandfamilies” — grandparents raising grandchildren. Plaza West is expected to open in 2018.
- The D.C. Bar Headquarters office project at 901 4th Street, NW broke ground in June 2016, becoming the sixth major headquarters to relocate to or near Mount Vernon Triangle in less than a decade. The project is being developed by The Wilkes Company and Quadrangle Development Corporation and is expected to be turned over for move-in by D.C. Bar in winter 2017/2018.
- As reported in a recent Washington Business Journal article, The Peebles Corporation and The Walker Group, LLC moved one step closer toward acquiring a site at 5th and Eye Streets, NW to support development of a luxury SLS Hotel. The project, with 153 hotel rooms, 52 apartment units and 7,000 square feet of retail, is expected to be presented to District Council for final approval later this summer. The project is currently scheduled for delivery in late 2019 or early 2020.
- Capitol Vista, at New Jersey Avenue and 2nd and H Streets, NW, is designed for 104 apartments above 3,200 square feet of retail space. 100 percent of the units will be set aside for households earning between 30 – 60% of area median income (AMI). The project is being developed by Dantes Partners and is expected to break ground summer 2018. Read this recent Triangle Times interview with Buwa Binitie of Dantes Partners for more insight into the inspiration behind this project.
For a full list of residential and commercial office buildings built, under construction and planned in Mount Vernon Triangle, please visit the Live Here/Work Here and Maps sections of our website at mvtcid.org.