Reminder & More Updates Regarding Next Weekend’s FRESHFARM MVT Market Opening
Friday May 8, 2020
As announced last week, our long-time partner FRESHFARM has worked extremely hard in recent weeks to ensure the operational safety of all its outdoor markets. And with their enhanced safety protocols now in place, we’re excited for the return of the 2020 FRESHFARM MVT Market on Saturday, May 16 from 9am-1pm.
Although many of our familiar vendors are returning (stay tuned for a vendor list in the coming days!), this year’s market will look, feel and operate a bit differently. This is for everyone’s benefit. Here’s what to expect regarding the safety protocols when shopping at the market:
- For the protection of others, all shoppers must wear a mask or face covering in the market space, and while waiting in line to enter the market—more on this below.
- Shoppers are asked to limit their groups to no more than two people. Please shop as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- There will only be one entrance to the market – at the corner of 5th & Eye Streets NW –to assist with social distancing effort, and no more than 50 shoppers will be allowed in the market at any one time.
- Stay at least six (6) feet away from others in the market and maintain the single direction of traffic flow.
- Placing pre-orders for pickup is recommended to help minimize time spent in the market. Options available for pre-order will be published each week on the COVID-19 Market Shopping Alternatives page on FRESHFARM’s website. We’ll also publish this information electronically through this e-newsletter as well as on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter social media platforms. Please stay tuned for these details in the coming days. But note that even if you pre-order, you may be asked to wait in line to enter the market space to ensure social distancing.
- Shoppers will not be permitted to browse products; all options will be pre-packaged to grab-and-go.
- No eating is permitted in the market; if you purchase an item to eat, you must take it with you.
- No pets are permitted in the market—this disappoints us too!
Also note that like their Dupont Market, FRESHFARM is exploring the possibility of implementing a reservation system for our market that would allow customers to reserve a time to shop. We are hopeful that we can bring Open Table’s technology to our market in support of enhancing the shopping experience during this most unusual time for us all.
Finally, as referenced above and with safety at the top of everyone’s mind, we’ve partnered this year with two Ward 6 small businesses – Bailiwick Clothing Co. and Shop Made in DC – to produce 400 free #MVTogether reusable cloth masks. These will be limited to one per person at the entrance of the market on opening day.
We are immensely thankful for and appreciative of your steadfast support of #LifeInMVT both before and during this pandemic. We look forward to seeing you at the market on May 16!