Mount Vernon Triangle is a demographically strong and culturally rich neighborhood in the heart of downtown DC and within the epicenter of expanding commercial and retail activity—making it the ideal destination to start or relocate a business.
Favorable Demographic Fundamentals
- 4,500 existing residential units that house nearly 7,000 residents—with capacity for 5,200 residential units and early 7,700 residents at full build-out.
- 8M square feet of existing office space supporting nearly 9,000 daytime workers—with capacity for 2.8M square feet supporting 14,000 daytime workers at full build-out.
Strong Local Market Dynamics
- Eight major commercial users within the legal, association and non-profit sectors have relocated to the area since 2008, making Mount Vernon Triangle a magnet for new office headquarters.
- Market momentum sustained by Mount Vernon Triangle’s location at the epicenter of a dynamic downtown DC:
- 72,000 residents and 200,000 workers within one mile by 2022
- 1+ million annual visitors to Convention Center
- 9,000+ pre-K through post-secondary students within three blocks
- Dramatic increase projected with Apple Project at Carnegie Library
Year-Round Advocacy & Support
- Area management and professional oversight provided by the Mount Vernon Triangle Community Improvement District (MVT CID), one of DC’s 11 business improvement districts.
- The MVT CID plays a critical role in the identification and execution of priorities, and provides day-to-day services in the areas of neighborhood cleanliness and safety, marketing and economic development, community building and events, and stakeholder advocacy with elected officials.