CITY & MVT CID SERVICES
Mayor’s 311 Service
The Mayor’s City Wide 311 request services allows for individuals to notify the city of items in need of repair or maintenance such as potholes, downed tree branches, broken traffic signals, and more. The MVTCID is committed to utilizing the online site as well as calling into 311 to request services for the neighborhood. If you see a problem, please report it to 311. It would go a long way for our MVT residents and businesses to also provide information to the City.
Advisory Neighborhood Commission 6E covers the Mount Vernon Triangle CID.
Councilmember Charles Allen
Councilmember Charles Allen is the Ward 6 representative, which includes the vast majority of Mount Vernon Triangle.
DC Department of Transportation
The Department of Transportation is responsible for planning, designing, and maintaining roads and sidewalks.
DC Office of Planning
The Office of Planning has been instrumental in the development of Mount Vernon Triangle through the MVT Action Agenda in 2003 and the Public Realm Design Study of 2006. Today, both plans are coming to fruition with new buildings, retail, streets, and sidewalks.
DC Department of Consumer & Regulatory Affairs
The Department of Consumer & Regulatory Affairs handles many matters, including construction permits, public space permits, vending, liquor licenses, certificate of occupancy, basic business license, etc.
MPD — Police Service Area 102 and 103
The Metropolitan Police Department convenes community meetings every second Thursday of the month for the new PSA 102 and 103.
DC Department of Public Works
The DC Department of Public Works is responsible for cleaning the streets, sidewalks, and alleys, as well as trash removal.
DC Department of Parks & Recreation
The Department of Parks & Recreation is responsible for maintaining and programming parks, pools, and recreation centers, including Cobb Park (Park 1089) at the intersection of 2nd and Massachusetts Avenue, NW.
Homelessness “Who to Call” Fact Sheet (.pdf)
MVT CID is committed to providing meaningful supportive services to individuals experiencing homelessness in the Mount Vernon Triangle neighborhood. MVT CID and its rate paying stakeholders fund and support The h3 Project in its work in Mount Vernon Triangle. When concerns arise, property and business owners and managers and others can use this document to determine the next steps.
MVT Tax Payment Instructions
Instructions on how to pay your MVT taxes by check, online. or in-person.
The Northwest1 Library recently reopened on the east side of Mount Vernon Triangle at the Walker Jones Education Campus and offers book lending, CDs, DVDs, classes, computer lab, job training, lecturers, and story time.
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA)
WMATA provides bus and Metrorail service to the DC area. Mount Vernon Triangle is ringed by Metro stations: Mt. Vernon Square/Convention Center, Gallery Place/Chinatown, Judiciary Square and Union Station. Bus service consists of the P6, X2, 80, 96, D4, and Circulator.
This site provides transit solutions for getting from here to there in DC.
The DC Circulator connects the south side of Mount Vernon Triangle to Union Station and Georgetown as well as provides service around the Washington Convention Center to the SW Waterfront, around the National Mall, and now Downtown to Woodley Park.
PUBLICATIONS & REPORTS
- Printable Boundary Map
- Printable Development Map
- Printable Restaurant & Retail Services Map (Updated November 20, 2022)
- 2020 Strategic Plan Update
- 2020 Perception Survey
- 2015 Perception Survey
- 2014 Perception Survey
- WDCEP Neighborhoods Profile 2015
- MVT CID Renewal Business Plan FY 2015-2019
- Notice of Public Hearing with Instructions on Testimony
- Powerpoint Presentation for Annual Meeting (2019)
- PowerPoint Presentation for Annual Meeting (2018)
- Powerpoint Presentation for Annual Meeting (2017)
- Powerpoint Presentation for Annual Meeting (2016)
- Powerpoint Presentation for Annual Meeting (2015)
- Powerpoint Presentation for Annual Meeting (2014)
Planning & Historical Documents
- MVT Action Agenda
- MVT CID List of Public Service Award Recipients
- MVT Transportation and Public Realm Design Report
- MVT History Brochure
- Shaw Heritage Trail Guide
- Annual Reports
- FY 2022 Annual Report (released August 1, 2023)
- FY 2021 Annual Report (released July 19, 2022)
- FY 2020 Annual Report (released August 19, 2021)
FY 2020 Financial Audit Opinion Letter
- FY 2019 Annual Report (released July 28, 2020)
- FY 2018 Annual Report (released May 3, 2019)
- FY 2017 Annual Report (released June 13, 2018)
- FY 2016 Annual Report (released April 26, 2017)
- FY 2015 Annual Report
- FY 2014 Annual Report
- FY 2013 Annual Report
- FY 2012 Annual Report
- FY 2011 Annual Report
- Board of Directors Meeting Schedules
- MVT CID Bylaws (Amended & Restated August 19, 2021)