The FRESHFARM MVT Market is open Saturdays from 9am-1pm with lines forming at the corner of 5th & Eye Streets NW! What’s more, the market has officially converted to year-round operations, becoming just the fourth FRESHFARM market to do so. This accomplishment, which we view as a testament to Mount Vernon Triangle’s positive continued growth, would not be possible without your continued support of the local farmers and producers who make this popular neighborhood amenity possible. Take a peek at the vendor lineup (varies from week to week), market rules, and time saving tips. We look forward to seeing you at the market!
Our market vendors offer a variety of protein products, vegetables, flowers, bagels, coffee, fresh fruit and more! This week’s starting line-up includes many of the farmers and producers you already know and love, with MORE vendors warming up in the on-deck circle in advance of their appearance in the coming weeks once products from the long winter season are re-stocked and FRESHFARM’s site visits to ensure compliance with market standards have been completed:
- A Baked Joint, bread
- Black Rock Orchard, fruits and vegetables
- Capitol Cider House, alcoholic beverages and seasonal ciders
- Finesse Essential Body, all natural, handmade bath and body products (biweekly starting May 15)
- Just AJ’s Food, veggie hotdogs
- Pleitez Produce Farm, conventional produce grower
- Sexy Vegie, vegetarian sandwiches, salads, soups and wraps
- Shenandoah Seasonal, sustainable produce grower
- Sunnyside Flowers, flowers, eggs and meat (subject to availability)
- Tae-Gu Kimchi, kimchi
- Zeke’s Coffee, coffee to-go and whole coffee beans
In addition, the following vendor is scheduled to make its market debut in the coming weeks!
- Kallaloo Kitchen dba Crop Eats, vegan muffins & baked goods (NEW VENDOR – Debut TBD)
And with more vendors scheduled to appear at market once applications are approved, and site visits to ensure compliance with market standards have been completed, we’re sure you’ll find plenty to love at the FRESHFARM MVT Market. This includes a future appearance by Call Your Mother Deli, who we unexpectedly learned will not appear at market until its operations are sufficiently stabilized to support its presence in Mount Vernon Triangle. They’ve committed to returning to our market once able to do so and we look forward to seeing them again soon!
Our long-time partner FRESHFARM Markets has worked extremely hard in recent weeks to ensure the operational safety of all its outdoor markets. And with their enhanced safety protocols now in place, we’re pleased to announce the return of the 2021 FRESHFARM MVT Market on Saturday, April 3.
Here are the types of safety protocols you can expect when shopping at the market:
- All shoppers must wear a mask or face covering in the market space, and while waiting in line to enter the market—more on this below.
- Shoppers are asked to limit their groups to no more than two people. Please shop as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Stay at least six (6) feet away from others in the market and maintain the single direction of traffic flow.
- Placing pre-orders for pickup is recommended to help minimize time spent in the market.
- Shoppers will not be permitted to browse products; all options will be pre-packaged to grab-and-go.
- No eating is permitted in the market; if you purchase an item to eat, you must take it with you.
- No pets are permitted in the market—this disappoints us too!
Time Saving Tips
Market priority will be given first to at-risk customers (e.g., neighbors with accessibility needs including seniors and/or those who are immunocompromised), then to the walk-up customers. If you’d like to save time and avoid a potential line, take a look at the pre-order and pick-up options offered by some vendors (not required but strongly encouraged), or use delivery from the vendors that utilize this offering. These options also help our market vendors better meet demands, expedite transactions and limit currency exchange. Walk-ups are welcome. Pre-packaged grab-and-go options are available in support reducing the amount of time spent at market, and we continue to encourage shoppers to shop as expeditiously as possible to ensure that everyone is accommodated.