The FRESHFARM MVT Market is open Saturdays from 9am-1pm with lines forming at the corner of 5th & Eye Streets NW! Take a peek at the vendor lineup (varies from week to week), market rules, time saving tips, and information on OpenTable reservations. We look forward to seeing you at the market!
- Black Rock Orchard, fruits and vegetables
- Call Your Mother Deli, bagels and cream cheese
- Chaia Tacos, tacos and enchilada kits
- Cheese Goatees, goat cheese and soap
- Just AJ’s Food, veggie hotdogs
- MASTIHA, Artisan Greek Bakery
- Mygo Micro, microgreens
- Otis Farms, farm-sourced pet treats
- Puddin’, Creole comfort food
- Pickled Heads, specialty pickled products
- Pleitez Produce Farm, fruits and vegetables
- Sexy Vegie, vegetarian sandwiches, salads, soups and wraps
- Sunnyside Flowers, flowers, eggs and meat (subject to availability)
- Zeke’s Coffee, coffee to-go and whole coffee beans
Our long-time partner FRESHFARM Markets has worked extremely hard in recent weeks to ensure the operational safety of all its outdoor markets. And with their enhanced safety protocols now in place, we’re pleased to announce the return of the 2020 FRESHFARM MVT Market on Saturday, May 16.
Although many of our familiar vendors are returning, this year’s market will look, feel and operate a bit differently. This is for everyone’s benefit. And while we request your patience as we work through several remaining details between now and market open, here’s what we can say about the types of safety protocols you can expect when shopping at the market:
- All shoppers must wear a mask or face covering in the market space, and while waiting in line to enter the market—more on this below.
- Shoppers are asked to limit their groups to no more than two people. Please shop as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Stay at least six (6) feet away from others in the market and maintain the single direction of traffic flow.
- Placing pre-orders for pickup is recommended to help minimize time spent in the market.
- Shoppers will not be permitted to browse products; all options will be pre-packaged to grab-and-go.
- No eating is permitted in the market; if you purchase an item to eat, you must take it with you.
- No pets are permitted in the market—this disappoints us too!
Time Saving Tips & OpenTable Market Reservations
Market priority will be given first to at-risk customers (e.g., neighbors with accessibility needs including seniors and/or those who are immunocompromised), then to customers who reserved a market shopping time on OpenTable, finally to the walk-up customers. If you’d like to save time and avoid the line, reserve a market shopping time using the pre-order and pick-up options offered by some vendors (not required but strongly encouraged), or use delivery from the vendors that utilize this offering. These options also help our market vendors better meet demands, expedite transactions and limit currency exchange. Walk-ups are still welcome even if you do not reserve a shopping time, and you may still need to wait in line even if you have a reservation depending on the number of people in the market. Pre-packaged grab-and-go options are available in support reducing the amount of time spent at market, and we continue to encourage shoppers to shop as expeditiously as possible to ensure that everyone is accommodated.
Market Map & Flow of Foot Traffic