2019 FRESHFARM MVT Market Shatters Records for Customers, Sales, Vendors, Duration & Events
Tuesday December 3, 2019
November 23 marked the end of another record-breaking season for the FRESHFARM MVT Market, which finalized a third productive year at its relocated and expanded location adjacent to Milian Park. This season was also the first-ever time the market expanded into November and featured the most market-related events ever organized, including beer gardens, book festivals, live music, pop-ups, and other exciting activities!
And thanks to the loyal support of neighbors in Mount Vernon Triangle and the surrounding community, as well as our financial sponsors, once again new records were set for customer counts, sales revenue, food assistance, vendors and duration compared to 2018, the previous record year:
- 79% percent increase in customers;
- 96% percent increase in sales revenue;
- 31% percent increase in nutrition assistance to neighbors supported by a federally sponsored nutrition program to enhance access to fresh food and reduce nutritional risk;
- 4 more market vendors than in previous years – to include a total of 10 permanent vendors; and
- 4 additional weeks longer than previous years.
The MVT CID extends a special thanks to our 2019 sponsors without whom the market would not be possible:
- 450K Apartments
- Boston Properties
- Steuart Investment Company
- VIDA Fitness at City Vista
- 455 Eye Street Apartments
- Lydian + Lyric Apartments
- Meridian at Mount Vernon Triangle Apartments
- Meridian at Gallery Place Apartments
- The Aspen Apartments
- Eye Street Cellars
We’re already looking forward to next year’s FRESHFARM MVT Market and can’t wait to see everyone in in 2020 for what will be another exciting season!