Celebrate National Farmers Market Week at FRESHFARM MVT Market!
Friday August 6, 2021
It’s National Farmers Market Week! Show your support by bringing your family, friends, and dogs out on Saturday, August 7 from 9am-1pm at the corner of 5th & I Streets NW. Shopping local develops and grows regional businesses and improves the community around us. CleanChoice Energy will be at market to share how you can make an impact by choosing 100% renewable energy for your home!
To celebrate and help you discover new markets, FRESHFARM has created a Market Passport, and you can earn prizes for visiting markets across the region. When you visit new farmers markets during the entire month of August, bring your Market Passport to the FRESHFARM market information tent to receive a sticker for each different market location you show up to. Visit multiple market locations to earn market money; pop into more than 10 different markets and you’ll be entered into a raffle to win a $100 market gift certificate!
This week, you can also celebrate National Farmers Market Week by giving the gift of local food! When you donate to our Fresh Match program, you can help a neighbor enjoy the farmers market. Fresh Match provides a dollar-for-dollar match on all SNAP/EBT, P-EBT, WIC and Senior FMNP benefits so that families on a tight food budget can enjoy fresh farmers market foods without worrying about cost.
So come on out to pick up produce, eggs, fresh flowers, hot breakfast sandwiches, cider, bread, meats, and more… The market is a great place to meet up with friends, neighbors and dogs! This week’s vendors include:
- A Baked Joint, bread
- Black Rock Orchard, fruits and vegetables
- Capitol Cider House, alcoholic beverages and seasonal ciders
- Finesse Essential Body, all natural, handmade bath and body products
- Grassfed Griddle, breakfast sandwiches
- JustAJ’s Food, veggie hotdogs
- CropEats, vegan muffins and baked goods
- New Horizons Apiaries & Farm, honey and bee products
- Pleitez Produce Farm, conventional produce grower
- Sexy Vegie, vegetarian sandwiches, salads, soups and wraps
- Shenandoah Seasonal, sustainable produce grower
- Sunnyside Flowers, flowers, eggs and meat (subject to availability)
- Tae-Gu Kimchi, kimchi
- Zeke’s Coffee, coffee to-go and whole coffee beans
Also, more and more attendees are sporting their 2021 FRESHFARM MVT Market bags as they shop. Be sure to claim yours today! These limited-edition free market bags are designed by local screen printer, Soul & Ink, and can be pre-ordered for pick-up at the market or delivery to your Mount Vernon Triangle residence.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday!