FRESHFARM MVT Market Returns this Saturday!
Wednesday March 31, 2021
The Washington Nationals aren’t this week’s only opening celebration: our FRESHFARM MVT Market returns a month early to 5th & Eye Streets NW this Saturday from 9am-1pm! What’s more, once open the market will officially convert to year-round operations, becoming just the fourth FRESHFARM market to do so. This accomplishment, which we view as a testament to Mount Vernon Triangle’s positive continued growth, would not be possible without your continued support of the local farmers and producers who make this popular neighborhood amenity possible. This includes Black Rock Orchard owners Emily Zaas & David Hochheimer, who asked that we share their thoughtful and sincere note of gratitude and appreciation regarding just how much the MVT community means to them. So, on behalf of all of them: thank you!
Our market vendors offer a variety of protein products, vegetables, flowers, bagels, coffee, fresh fruit and more! This week’s starting line-up includes many of the farmers and producers you already know and love, with MORE vendors warming up in the on-deck circle in advance of their appearance in the coming weeks (as promised in a previous communication) once products from the long winter season are re-stocked and FRESHFARM’s site visits to ensure compliance with market standards have been completed:
- A Baked Joint (new vendor!), bread
- Black Rock Orchard, fruits and vegetables
- Call Your Mother Deli, bagels and spreads
- Capitol Cider House (new vendor!), alcoholic beverages and seasonal ciders
- Just AJ’s Food, veggie hotdogs
- Puddin’, Creole comfort food
- Sexy Vegie, vegetarian sandwiches, salads, soups and wraps
- Sunnyside Flowers, flowers, eggs and meat (subject to availability)
- Zeke’s Coffee, coffee to-go and whole coffee beans
In addition, the following vendors are scheduled to appear April 17 once sufficient product to sell at market has been re-stocked:
- Pleitez Produce Farm, conventional produce grower
- Shenandoah Seasonal (new vendor!), sustainable produce grower
Similar to last year’s market, masks and social distancing protocols must be followed in accordance with DC mandates. We look forward to seeing you (from a safe distance, of course) at market this weekend!