FRESHFARM MVT Market this Saturday & Important Food Access Opportunity
Friday June 26, 2020
We’re happy to report that the following line-up of vendors are scheduled to attend this weekend’s FRESHFARM MVT Market:
- Black Rock Orchard, fruits and vegetables
- Call Your Mother Deli, bagels and cream cheese
- Chaia Tacos, tacos and enchilada kits
- Orchard Breeze, pork, beef, chicken, lamb & eggs
- Otis Farms, farm-sourced pet treats
- Pickled Heads, specialty pickled products
- Pleitez Produce Farm, fruits and vegetables
- Sexy Vegie, vegetarian sandwiches, salads, soups and wraps
- Sunnyside Flowers, flowers, eggs and meat (subject to availability)
- Zeke’s Coffee, coffee to-go and whole coffee beans
The FRESHFARM MVT Market is open from 9am-1pm this Saturday with lines forming at the corner of 5th & Eye Streets NW. Visit our website for a complete list of market rule and time-saving tips, such as reserving a shopping time on OpenTable and using the pre-order and pick-up options.
With food security being more important than ever, it is important that everyone has equal access to participate in our market regardless of their ability to pay. Funded by DC Health and administered by DC Greens, the Produce Plus Program is an important part of providing locally grown, fresh produce to DC residents with limited access to these healthy food necessities. This year, the program – now called Produce Plus Direct – has been modified in support of pick-up and delivery alternatives that align with the social distancing protocols implemented as a result COVID-19. Registration for Produce Plus Direct, which begins July 14 and runs through September 30, opened June 23 with residents able to enroll by calling (202) 888-4834 or visiting dcgreens.org/customers.