People. Place. Progress. the Focus of 2021 MVT CID Annual Meeting
Thursday August 19, 2021
To honor and celebrate the resolve of our people, the positive attributes of our place, and our enduring commitment to progress in all forms that kept our Mount Vernon Triangle together throughout the pandemic, the Mount Vernon Triangle Community Improvement District (MVT CID) on Thursday, August 19 held its 2021 Annual Meeting at the AC Hotel in its beautiful indoor-outdoor rooftop lounge. The meeting also included release of the FY 2020 Annual Report.
MVT CID’s Board of Directors, staff and Clean Team, business and property owners, and community partners gathered both in-person and online for a robust discussion of the prior year’s accomplishments during the previous year as well as goals for moving forward during the meeting, which also included:
- Opening remarks by Berk Shervin, MVT CID Board Chair.
- Host welcome by Erich Hosbach, Director of Sales & Marketing at AC Hotel and Vinoda Basnayake, Operator of the soon-to-open penthouse lounge.
- A “State of the CID” address by Kenyattah Robinson, MVT CID President & CEO.
- Keynote conversation with Walter Hood facilitated by Larisa Ortiz on the importance of creating, maintaining and continuing to invest in beautiful, inclusive open and public spaces.
- Walter is the Creative Director & Founder of Hood Design Studio in Oakland, California [bio], a Professor of Landscape Architecture & Environmental Planning and Urban Design at the University of California-Berkeley [bio], and a Macarthur Fellowship recipient (known also as a “Genius Grant”) from the Macarthur Foundation [profile].
- Larisa is Managing Director of Public Non-Profit Solutions at Streetsense [bio], a Planning Commissioner for the City of New York [bio], and a nationally recognized expert in community economic development and retail planning.
- Recognition of every Clean Team Ambassador with the combined Certificate of Appreciation, Outstanding Performance & Clean Team Ambassador of the Year Award (including cash bonuses and a complementary one-night stay at the AC Hotel provided by the property) for their tireless efforts in the community throughout the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Presentation of the 2021 Community Stakeholders of the Year Award to Chef Danny Lee of Mandu and Chef Tim Ma of Lucky Danger with for their collective efforts to combat hate against the Asian American and Pacific Islander communities.
- Presentation of the 2021 Community Partner of the Year Award to Ward 6 Councilmember Charles Allen for his leadership on the District Council in support of transforming Cobb Park into a welcoming and inviting park and open space amenity for all to enjoy.
- Presentation of MVT CID’s FY 2020 Financial Results by Aubrey Stephenson, MVT CID Board Treasurer.
- Announcement that the individuals below were elected to serve a three-year term on the MVT CID Board of Directors by Dr. Ivory Toldson, MVT CID Board Vice Chair:
- Bishop Ronald L. Demery, Jr., Pastor, Bible Way Church (new candidate)
- Abby Elbaum, Principal, Ogden CAP Properties – owners 450K Apartments (renewal candidate)
- Tessa Hall, Director of Construction, Dantes Partners – owners of Capitol Vista Apartments (new candidate)
- Erich Hosbach, Director of Sales & Marketing, AC Hotel (new candidate)
- Rahul Vinod, Co-Owner, RASA (new candidate)
- Drew Turner, Senior Development Manager, Douglas Development (new candidate)
Also announced at the meeting was passage of an amendment to the organization’s by-laws that, with certain exceptions, will allow a current Director to select a singular alternate who will have the authority to vote on matters at meetings of the Board of Directors.
Visit the related links below to read the Annual Report, watch a recording of the Annual Meeting, and to view meeting photos!