CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATES FROM THE MOUNT VERNON TRIANGLE COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
The Mount Vernon Triangle Community Improvement District (MVT CID) extends its best wishes to our residents, business owners, employees and neighbors during this unprecedented time. And while our organization continues to deliver essential clean and safe, public works and place management services, we are also fully committed to keeping our stakeholders informed on COVID-19 updates as they as available – along with helpful resources about funding, retail openings and closings, links to our various communications, and more.
We have established a multi-level communications plan to best communicate with our staff, Board members, internal and external stakeholders, and the public at large. We believe that it is best to hyper-segment our messaging in order to provide the right messaging to the right people at the right time.
With that in mind and for your convenience, below is a list of resources that may be of help to you. Please be sure to check this page often, as we will update it on a regular basis as information becomes available.
MVT CID News:
- MVT CID Administrative Operations. We have limited in-person office interactions and all administrative team members are authorized and equipped for remote work if necessary.
- MVT CID Clean Team. In addition to enhancing our cleaning and sanitation protocols, our Clean Team operations manager attended a mandatory training session with our contract street cleaning services provider on March 6, at the very start of the coronavirus spread in the United States. The purpose of that proactive measure was to provide current and accurate information about the coronavirus and precautions that our Clean Team – all of whom have both health benefits and paid time off therefore no one must come to work sick – can take to limit exposure to both themselves and others while in service to our community.
- MVT CID Marketing, Communications & Events. Considering the latest Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines regarding group gatherings, all MVT CID-sponsored events have been canceled or postponed through May 10, 2020. We will continue to monitor and adjust this timeline as needed. We’re also sensitive to the amount of COVID-related communication that our stakeholders are receiving and have therefore significantly limited the frequency of our messaging. Important communications highlighting neighborhood-specific news and resources will be shared as necessary so please follow us on social media @MVTCID or join our mailing list for those updates.
Support Our MVT CID-Area Businesses During COVID-19:
Click here to view an up-to-date list of MVT CID-area business statuses during COVID-19. You can also view this at-a-glance summary of restaurants that serve carry-out and/or delivery as well as their respective delivery services, as a starting point to assist our local restaurant retailers.
Please note MVT CID will continue to update this list as we monitor openings and closings throughout our neighborhood. We recommend that you confirm offering details with the individual establishments as all information is frequent and rapid change. Thanks for your support of our Mount Vernon Triangle community!
MVT CID Communications:
- May 14, 2020: MVT-Area Business Owner & Retailer Update
- April 28, 2020: MVT Business Owner & Retailer Update
- April 24, 2020: MVT CID Update on Relief Efforts, Resources & More
- April 21, 2020: MVT CID Update: Local & Federal Relief Efforts
- April 9, 2020: DC Small Business Community TeleTownhall with the Bowser Administration
- April 7, 2020: Special Community Message, Civic Engagement News, Clean Team’s Essential Work Continues, Acts of Kindness, Virtual Programming & What’s Open in MVT
- April 3, 2020: Update to MVT-Area Retailers & Business Owners
- March 26, 2020: Please Continue Supporting MVT-Area Businesses During COVID-19
- March 24, 2020: UPDATED WITH TIMING OF GRANT RELEASE: COVID-19 Update to MVT-Area Businesses
- March 23, 2020: UPDATED WITH ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: COVID-19 Update to MVT-Area Businesses
- March 21, 2020: UPDATED WITH GRANT DETAILS: COVID-19 Update to MVT-Area Businesses
- March 20, 2020: COVID-19 Update to Our MVT-Area Businesses
- March 18, 2020: Support Our MVT-Area Businesses During COVID-19
- March 17, 2020: A Message to Our Community About COVID-19
Additional COVID-19 Resources:
- Government Of The District Of Columbia (coronavirus.dc.gov): Explore the DC Government website to stay up to date on resources, news, etc. regarding the coronavirus
- ABC-Licensed Restaurant and Tavern Beer, Wine, and Spirits Carry-out and Delivery Registration: DC Restaurants Can Now Offer Alcohol With Food Deliveries
- CDC: Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
- DC Council: Council Unanimously Passes Emergency COVID-19 Response Bill
- DC Health Link: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Benefits Update and Office Status Update
- Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA): Important Service Updates for Businesses
- Destination DC: Coronavirus-Related Closures and Canceled Events in Washington, DC
- Office of the Mayor: Mayor Bowser and Chief Financial Officer DeWitt Announce 2019 Tax Filings and Payment Deadline Extended
- National Retail Federation: Coronavirus Resources for Retailers
- Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington: Important Resources to Keep your Team and Customers Safe
- Small Business Administration: Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- US Department of State: Information to help U.S. citizens make informed decisions about traveling abroad
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA): Metro announces additional COVID-19 changes, including reduced service beginning on Monday, March 16th, 2020
MVT CID will continue to be a resource for you throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Looking ahead, we will continue to point residents, businesses and workers to resources as they become available while also planning for our community’s financial recovery, social health and civic cohesion once this current emergency subsides. We commit to doing all that we can to achieve these objectives in a substantial and significant way. Please feel free to reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or suggestions.