- This event has passed.
National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade®
April 13 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
One of DC’s largest spectator events, the energy-filled National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade® presented by Events DC runs for 10 blocks along iconic Constitution Avenue. Giant colorful helium balloons, elaborate floats, marching bands from across the country, celebrity entertainers, and energetic performers burst down the Parade route in a grand spectacle of music and showmanship seen only once a year during the National Cherry Blossom Festival. From the National Archives to the Washington Monument, spectators are wow-ed by the pageantry and excitement that is the nation’s premier springtime parade!
Ticketed grandstand seats starting at $20 offer best views of the Parade; standing along the route is FREE and open to the public.
The 2019 Parade includes appearances by:
• Grand Marshal: Anthony Anderson of ABC’s “black-ish”
• Cece Peniston, dance club diva of 90s hit “Finally”
• Motown star Freda Payne, of hit single “Band of Gold”
• Rayshun LaMarr, contestant on season 14 of NBC’s “The Voice”
• Michael Woodard, top five contestant on ABC’s “American Idol”
• Christina Wells, semifinalist on NBC’s “America’s Got Talent”
• Washington Redskins Cheerleaders
• Miss America Nia Franklin
• Giant helium balloons, including Olivia the Pig, Where’s Waldo, Brainy Smurf, Cheer Bear Care Bear, Voltron, and Domo
Keep checking back for the full line of march!