- This event has passed.
“Netwalk” in MVT
February 8, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:15 am EST
Join us this Saturday, February 8 from 2-4:15 pm for a Cultivate Work & Personal Relationships Netwalk presented by Netwalking, LLC. During the curated 1.5-mile, ADA-accessible walk:
- Hanna Berman, mental health and organizational consultant, Co-Founder of WE Command and Reiki practitioner, will share how Reiki can help you harness your energy to improve your well-being and better support the people in your community;
- Carrie Clyne, Deputy Director of Events and Community at The Communications Network, will share ideas for cultivating deeper relationships, building community and creating more meaningful gatherings; and
- Kenyattah Robinson, President & CEO, Mount Vernon Triangle Community Improvement District, will share the history and vibrancy of the post-urban renewal neighborhood of Mount Vernon Triangle.
Small business stops along the Netwalk will include:
- Femme Fatale, the District’s female-only collective of local women creatives & entrepreneurs;
- Prather’s on the Alley, located along a historic alley and in an adaptively re-used property that has been brilliantly restored, and featuring global-inspired cuisine by Executive Chef Tim Ma and Chef de Cuisine Gary Cooper and complemented by innovative and classic craft cocktails with a twist, and a thoughtfully-curated selection of wine; and
- Chaia Tacos, a female-led, female-run business that believes everything’s better in a taco and making the world a better place starts with the food we eat.
The walk will be facilitated by Jessica Tunon, Founder & CEO Netwalking, LLC and Commissioner with the Mayor’s Office on Women’s Policy and Initiatives.
Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to meet your neighbors, support your local community while having have authentic conversations with social impact leaders and small business owners, and cultivate work and personal relationships for more happiness. Visit the event page on Eventbrite for more information and to RSVP!