Best Bets for Winter Kids Activities
Thursday February 25, 2016
The snow was exciting at first but as the cold and icy weather became more mundane, we asked Kids in the Triangle (KITT) founder, Michelle Martin, for some great activities for kids during the winter. Check out her picks:
- The National Building Museum: Building Zone is great for the under 5 set and Play Work Build is great for the “older kids”, 4-8. There are also regular and rotating exhibits that people should check out.
- The National Museum of the American Indian has the imagiNations Activity Center, a great room for kids, with hands on exhibits and a wonderful cafe after you are done. They also have entertaining rotating exhibits and music.
- Freer| Sackler (image) has parent/kid Asian Art classes and other interesting weekday and weekend class options.
- The Renwick Gallery has a number of exciting events and a fun kids handi-hour.
- Bowling at Lucky Strike at Gallery Place is a neighborhood kid favorite. Duckpins is our MVT Kid fan fave! The Regal Cinemas at Gallery Place are also a good option.
Want to stay up to date on everything “kids” in the MVT? Contact Michelle at email@example.com.