Heads Up: Long-Term Roadwork on New York Avenue & New Jersey Avenue Begins May 27
Thursday May 16, 2019
On or about Monday, May 27, the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will begin a long-term safety improvement project on New Jersey Avenue NW from H Street NW to N Street NW; and on New York Avenue NW from 1st Street NW to 4th Street NW. The project is designed to improve safety conditions with the addition of high-visibility cross walks, new bike lanes, and ADA-compliant infrastructure. The work will last for approximately 20 months and will convert a one-way configuration on New Jersey Avenue into a two-way design and reconstruct a portion of New York Avenue.
Here are the details:
- There will be temporary lane closures on New Jersey Avenue NW during off-peak hours from 9:30am-3:30pm Monday through Friday, and from 9:00am-7:00pm on Saturdays.
- During the construction work on New York Avenue NW, two lanes of traffic will be maintained in both directions at all times.
- At least one southbound lane of New Jersey Ave NW to New York Avenue NW will be maintained at all times during construction.
- A through lane on northbound New Jersey Avenue and one right turn lane onto New York Avenue NW will be maintained at all times.
- Motorists can expect delays in either direction due to shifting traffic patterns.
For more information and to sign up for alerts about this project, please visit NewJerseyAveRehab.com.