4-1/2 Street NW is Now One-Way!
Friday September 2, 2022
Earlier this week, the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) completed its conversion of the 900 block of 4-1/2 Street NW & Prather’s Court NW (known collectively as “Prather’s Alley”) to one-way southbound operation. The project included the following enhancements:
- A dedicated 5-foot pedestrian travel lane that stretches the entirety of 4-1/2 Street NW from I to K Streets NW.
- Flexposts and other traffic control devices such as reflective pavement markings that clearly delineate vehicular and non-vehicular travel lanes.
- New crosswalks at both alley entrances as well as the intersection of 4-1/2 Street NW & Prather’s Court NW.
- Construction of new wheelchair ramps near the intersection of 4-1/2 Street NW & K Street NW for increased ADA accessibility.
- Multiple rubber speed bumps within in the alley designed to lower traffic speeds.
- Signage throughout the alley system including “No Parking,” “One Way,” “Do Not Enter,” and “Speed Bumps Ahead.”
We thank you for your patience during this transition period and are excited to continue updates to the alley with scheduled beautification projects coming soon.
Friday, September 10, 2021 “Prather’s Alley Safety Improvements Approved by ANC 6E“