FRESHFARM MVT Market Starts Strong, Continues Tomorrow!
Friday April 9, 2021
A special thanks to everyone who joined us at last weekend’s successful opening of our FRESHFARM MVT Market as we welcomed new vendors, sold out of many products, and officially kicked off the start of our year-round market. Next up: week two! Whether you’re looking for local produce, bread, eggs, and meats or prefer to grab a coffee or fresh bouquet of flowers, there’s something for everyone at the FRESHFARM MVT Market. So, swing by the corner of 5th & I Streets NW from 9am-1pm to purchase products from this week’s line-up of market vendors:
- A Baked Joint, bread
- Black Rock Orchard, fruits and vegetables
- Capitol Cider House, alcoholic beverages and seasonal ciders
- Just AJ’s Food, veggie hotdogs
- Sexy Vegie, vegetarian sandwiches, salads, soups and wraps
- Sunnyside Flowers, flowers, eggs and meat (subject to availability)
- Zeke’s Coffee, coffee to-go and whole coffee beans
In addition, the following vendors are scheduled to make their market debut in the next 1-2 weeks:
- Pleitez Produce Farm, conventional produce grower (Saturday, April 24)
- Shenandoah Seasonal, sustainable produce grower (Saturday, April 17)
And with more vendors scheduled to appear at market once applications are approved, and site visits to ensure compliance with market standards have been completed, we’re sure you’ll find plenty to love at the FRESHFARM MVT Market. This includes a future appearance by Call Your Mother Deli, who we unexpectedly learned will not appear at market until its operations are sufficiently stabilized to support its presence in Mount Vernon Triangle. They’ve committed to returning to our market once able to do so and we look forward to seeing them again soon!
As a reminder, masks and social distancing protocols must be followed in accordance with DC mandates. This unfortunately also means (for now) no pets, a policy that disappoints us too. Visit the FRESHFARM MVT Market page on MountVernonTriangle.org for more details, and look forward to seeing you at market this weekend!