Return to #LifeInMVT was the Focus of 2022 MVT CID Annual Meeting
Tuesday July 19, 2022
To honor and celebrate this past year’s many accomplishments in support of the ongoing return to #LifeInMVT, the Mount Vernon Triangle Community Improvement District (MVT CID) along with dozens of stakeholders and invited guests gathered at the soon-to-open Holiday Inn Express (317 K Street NW) on Thursday, July 19 for its 2022 MVT CID Annual Meeting. The meeting also included release of the FY 2021 Annual Report as well as the following highlights:
- Opening remarks by MVT CID Board Chair Berk Shervin.
- Host welcome by Holiday Inn Express Property Owner & Developer Habte Sequar and Holiday Inn Express Director of Sales & Marketing Jean-Patrick Antoine.
- Video Welcome by Ward 6 Councilmember Charles Allen. [view video]
- A “State of the CID” address by MVT CID President & CEO Kenyattah Robinson. [view presentation]
- Keynote remarks by Former DC Mayor and Current Federal City Council CEO & Executive Director Anthony Williams. [view bio]
- Presentation of the “Comeback Player of the Year,” “Rookie of the Year,” “Assist of the Year,” and “Veteran of the Year” Clean Team Awards by DC’s Director Department of Small and Local Development Kristi C. Whitfield, Capitol Hill Business Improvement District’s Vice President of Operations Andrew Lee (MVT CID’s contract Clean Team services provider), and MVT CID Public Space Manager Talib Shakir.
- Presentation of the 2021 Community Stakeholders of the Year Award to Carlos & May-May Horcasitas – Owners of 476 K Street NW, dLeña Restaurant & dLeña ROJA – for efforts to provide meaningful and resident-driven support for the children and caregivers living in the Plaza West “Grandfamilies” Apartments in Mount Vernon Triangle. [view acceptance video]
- Presentation of the 2021 Community Partner of the Year Award to FRESHFARM for its partnership in the growth of our popular FRESHFARM MVT Market into a pedestrian-friendly, open-air place and destination where our community can share in the special joy of being together.
- Presentation of MVT CID’s FY 2021 Financial Results by MVT CID Board Treasurer & 460-462 K Street NW Owner Aubrey Stephenson.
- Announcement that the individuals below were elected to serve a three-year term on the MVT CID Board of Directors by MVT CID Board Secretary & RASA Co-Founder Rahul Vinod:
- Anthony Brown, Member Representative, Bible Way Church (New Candidate)
- Clarence Fluker, Director of Community Engagement, Association of American Medical Colleges (New Candidate)
- Samantha Margolis, Chief Administrative Officer & Chief of Staff, AIPAC (Renewal Candidate)
- Berk Shervin, President, Co-Owner & Chief Operating Officer, The Wilkes Company (Renewal Candidate)
- Dr. Ivory Toldson, Long-Time Property Owner & Director of Education Innovation & Research, NAACP (Renewal Candidate)