- This event has passed.
FRESHFARM MVT Market
April 30 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm EDT
Forecasts for a beautiful day this Saturday can only mean one thing: it’s a great day to enjoy the FRESHFARM MVT Market! Snarfies will be selling its tasty dog treats and will be joined by following line-up of market vendors at the corners of 5th & I Streets NW from 9am-1pm:
- Black Rock Orchard, fruits and vegetables
- Call Your Mother Deli, bagels& schmears
- Capitol Cider House: alcoholic beverages & seasonal ciders
- Chia Catering: Turkish food
- CROPEATS™: vegan muffins & other plant-based foods
- DMV Empanadas: empanadas, saltados & chicharones
- Grassfed Griddle: breakfast sandwiches
- Just AJ’s Foods: veggie hotdogs
- King Mushrooms: fresh & dried mushrooms, tinctures & soups
- New Horizons Apiaries & Farm, honey & bee products (pop-up vendor)
- Pleitez Produce: IPM & non GMO produce
- Roots N’ Shoots: hyper-local microgreens
- Sexy Vegie: plant-based wraps & salads
- Snarfies, homemade dog treats
- Sunnyside Flowers: flowers & eggs
- Tae-Gu Kimchi; kimchi
- The Farmstead Butcher: quality craft meats
- The Salty Bakers: herbed salts & fine baked goods
- Zeke’s Coffee: coffee to-go & whole coffee beans
On the heels of last weekend’s very successful e-waste recycling event sponsored by Pepco in honor of Earth Day 2022, the company will once again be at market this weekend to update the community on progress at its Capital Grid Project.
What’s more, be sure to save the date of Saturday, May 7 when DC-based social impact start-up Plastic Bag Recycling will be at market to collect and recycle plastic film bags. Its mission is to make plastic film recycling easy and convenient for every DC resident by offering monthly subscriptions and dedicated bins for their plastic bag recycling.
So, start collecting your bags for next weekend’s market, and look forward to seeing neighbors, friends, and pets at market on Saturday!
Photo credit @kilianliptrot