2018 FRESHFARM MVT Market Sets New Records for Customers, Sales & Food Assistance!
Thursday November 15, 2018
Fall Fall Day marked a festive end to a highly successful 2018 FRESHFARM MVT Market season, which finalized a second productive year at its relocated and expanded location adjacent to Milian Park. And thanks to the loyal support of neighbors in Mount Vernon Triangle and the surrounding coommunity, once again new records were set for customer counts, sales revenue and food assistance:
- 20 percent increase in customers (following a 69 percent increase the year before);
- 18 percent increase in sales revenue (following a 83 percent increase the year before); and
- 46 percent increase in nutrition assistance to neighbors supported by a federally sponsored nutrition program to enhance access to fresh food and reduce nutritional risk (following a 117 percent increase the year before).
The MVT CID extends a special thanks to our 2018 sponsors without whom the market would not be possible:
- 455 Eye Street Apartments
- 450K Apartments
- Boston Properties
- Farmers & Distillers
- Steuart Investment Company
- Lydian + Lyric Apartments
- Meridian at Gallery Place Apartments
- Meridian at Mount Vernon Triangle Apartments
- Tropical Smoothie Café
See you in 2019 for another exciting market season!