MVT Retail Round-Up: Businesses Arriving, Staying & Expanding in the Triangle
Thursday March 5, 2020
Spring has (almost) sprung and so has Mount Vernon Triangle’s evolving, burgeoning and lively retail scene featuring offerings that are as diverse as our vibrant community. Mount Vernon Triangle’s growing retail momentum is a major reason why more people are saying #ItsAllHere when describing #LifeInMVT! Below is a snapshot of some of the exciting new additions:
- 7-Eleven. “[T]his is one baller 7-Eleven! WOW!” Because if it’s said on Twitter then it must be true, right? After a successful pilot in this international chain of convenience stores’ hometown of Dallas, Texas, the second 7-Eleven “Evolution Store” concept is now open at 504 K Street NW. Read the news release and check out this short video for more information about store offerings.
- Baan Siam. Mount Vernon Triangle is about to get a lot tastier with this addition at 425 I Street! Look for this latest addition to MVT’s culinary scene to open in early spring. But for now, read a profile about the Thai restaurant published by Washington City Paper and Eater DC.
dLena. This modern Mexican concept with an on-site tequila and cocktail lounge by Richard Sandoval – the prolific restaurateur behind DC hits El Centro D.F., Toro Toro, and the now-closed Masa 14 – will open at 476 K Street NW near Mount Vernon Triangle’s epicenter of 5th & K Street NW. Expect opening in mid-2020.
- Dryy. The newest storefront for this eco-friendly garment care company is coming soon to Mount Vernon Triangle! Dryy is a fresh take on traditional dry cleaning and laundry services. Passionate about customer experience, they practice green cleaning and always provide free delivery. In celebration of their opening, Dryy is hosting a Grand Opening Happy Hour on Thursday, April 2 from 4-7pm featuring beer, wine and light bites along with complimentary gift cards and gift bags. All are invited to attend but kindly RSVP your attendance by emailing [email protected].
- Femme Fatale. Following the successful launch of its hybrid retail and social space at 401 Massachusetts Ave NW last November, and with the support of property owner Equity Residential, the Mount Vernon Triangle stay of vibrant pop-up retailer Femme Fatale will be extended two months longer through the end of May! Lots of exciting new events and vendors are in store, so visit their event calendar and sign-up for their newsletter for announcements.
- Hemphill Fine Arts. With their new space at 434 K Street NW now ready, celebrated local gallery owner George Hemphill (read recent Washington City Paper profile) and team invite you to join them this Saturday, March 7 for the official opening of Hemphill Fine Arts. Gallery hours are Tuesday-Saturday from 10am-5pm and by appointment. The gallery’s first exhibition, LINLING LU, opens Saturday, April 4 with a reception from 6-8pm. The exhibition will remain on view through May 30, 2020.
- Playoff Pizza. From the co-owner of The Brig beer garden on Capitol Hill comes this concept that aims to turn a vacant storefront at 924 5th Street NW into a “fun and chill” neighborhood sports bar that features games of skill (and chance, if that’s your thing). Learn more in this Eater DC article—and may the odds be forever in your favor!
- RASA. This celebrated “fine fast casual’ Indian restaurant will be opening at City Vista later this month! Read their news release to learn more about their Mount Vernon Triangle arrival and stay tuned for updates in the coming weeks.
- Rebel Taco. Already known for its popular food truck, this local outfit whose self-declared mission is to “liberate the taco” will soon be hand-forming their delicious corn and flour tortillas at a bricks-and-mortar location in Mount Vernon Triangle. It will open a 1,600 SF storefront at 508 K Street NW that will feature a 600 SF outdoor patio through which patrons can enjoy frozen margaritas delivered through a bar window. Check out these Eater DC and Washingtonian articles for more details.
- Select Reserves. Now open at 500 K Street NW, this sister store to Eye Street Cellars in Mount Vernon Triangle offers fine wines, craft beer and high-end spirits. MVT Rewards members have access to an exclusive grand opening promotion—so view, redeem and enjoy. Cheers!
- Stellina Pizzeria. As reported in Eater DC, the second location for Union Market favorite Stellina Pizzeria is expanding to Mount Vernon Triangle and will occupy space in the reincarnated Waffle Shop Building on the 500 block of K Street NW.
- Toscana Market: Rounding out the retail program at Lydian+Lyric Apartments on the 400 block of K Street, Toscana Market (by Daniele Catalani of the popular Al Volo restaurants) is an authentic Italian market and restaurant offering culinary classes, gourmet foods and more. Opening date for this new neighborhood kitchen is imminent so stay tuned for details.